Welcome to gingerGreen
Why gingerGreen ?
gingerGreen will grow in a variety of soils including infertile and sandy conditions. gingerGreen can be sown throughout the year and will grow in any season.
THE BROAD LEAFED, EVERGREEN RUNNER
- SOFT & LUXURIOUS – gingerGreen is similar in appearance and texture to that of Kikuyu yet has a richer green color, and a much longer root system.
- UNIQUELY DIFFERENT – gingerGreen is drought and frost resistant and will grow in full sun and shade, under trees and areas where other grasses will not.
- EXTREMELY VERSATILE – gingerGreen is an extremely versatile grass that can be used in a variety of different applications from residential to commercial use.
- ALWAYS GREEN – Once established our gingerGreen lawns will continue to grow and remain green for 365 days of the year.
- EASY TO USE – Any person can grow lawns easily using our seeds with no training, by following our step by step instructions.
- ZERO HARD WORK – Our seeds can be sown over existing lawns – zero ground preparation required – no up rooting of existing lawns or weeds.
Benefits of using gingerGreen
Why use gingerGreen
GREEN 365 DAYS OF THE YEAR
GROWS ANYWHERE, ANY SEASON
DROUGHT AND FROST RESISTANT
SOWING ALL YEAR ROUND
FULL SUN OR SHADE
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, gingerGreen is perfect for establishing new lawns from bare soil.
In extreme situations where soil quality is poor we recommend adding 20grams of Super Phosphate per square metre.
Our gingerGreen lawns are a permanent fixture that if looked after correctly and maintained will last for many years to come as all our lawns grow throughout the year.
Over sowing with seeds will be necessary if you have existing lawns that are brown, patchy, non existent or in need of renovation etc.
gingerGreen lawn seeds are well suited for South Africa’s conditions and has the ability to grow and thrive in many different soil conditions including infertile and sandy soils where other grasses will not grow.
gingerGreen will grow in both full sun and shaded areas.